Statement of Beliefs
We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21, 1 Thessalonians 2:13) and that its central message is as follows:
1. God created a good world (Genesis 1).
2. Mankind messed it up through sin (Genesis 3-11).
3. Man’s sin brought God’s judgment (Genesis 2:16-17).
4. But because of His great love for us (John 3:16) and to save us from the just penalty for sin (which is death, Romans 6:23), God inaugurated a glorious plan of salvation that involved a man named Abram and the three promises God gave to him (Genesis 12:1-3). God told Abram: I’m going to turn you into a great big nation (Genesis 12:1), I’m going to give that great big nation a great big chunk of land (Genesis 12:2) and one day I’m going to bring forth a Savior from the nation and out of the land (Genesis 12:3) to save mankind from the penalty for sin.
5. The Old Testament tells the story of God fulfilling His first two promises (turning Israel into a great big nation and giving them a great big chunk of land) and the New Testament begins with the wonderful announcement that in the person of Jesus, God fulfilled his third promise - to send a Savior into the world (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John).
6. Jesus came to seek and save the lost (Luke 19:10) and at the moment of salvation the Holy Spirit indwells each believer (1 Corinthians 12:13) to empower them to do the same (Acts 1:8).
7. Until Jesus raptures his Church, the Church is to work together to proclaim the Gospel - the glorious good news that there’s peace with God through faith in Jesus (Romans 5:1) so that as many people as possible might escape God’s judgment against sin (Revelation 20:11-15) and instead live forever with God in heaven (Revelation 21:1-3).